BUY NOW!

Friday, February 15, 2013

PERSONAL MESSAGE FROM KEVIN MATHEWS



Thanks to everyone who listened to "Dare" and viewed the video, I really do appreciate it. As some of you may be aware, I turned 52 yesterday. It's hard enough being a musician in this country without also being of an age where your abilities are outright dismissed and disqualified due to this external fact. But I am also realistic enough to understand that my chances of being appreciated are diminishing with each passing year. So why record new songs and release a new album? Why, indeed? Well, it's more of a self-indulgent exercise than anything else, I guess. Over the decades I have written many many songs and I'd like to see them 'properly' recorded (while I still can) - and there's no current demand for my services as a songwriter. In addition, my good friend Paddy Chng has been egging me on to do a new album (and a few others as well) and so I thought - "why not"? I have no illusions (delusions?) about how well-received any new recordings may or may not be but at the end of the day, EMO FASCISM and subsequent records will be for me. And anyone else who wants to come along for the ride.

... still there's more ...

No comments:

Post a Comment